The heart of God the Father is for all people to know His joy. In response to God’s heart, our purpose as a church is to love God passionately, and live Christ compassionately in our region and beyond. It is our prayer that as we grow in being informed about the need for the gospel in the world, we’ll become more involved in spreading our passion for God.
May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face shine upon us, Selah That your ways may be known on earth, your salvation among all nations. May the peoples praise you, O God; may all the peoples praise you. May the nations be glad and sing for joy, for you rule the peoples justly and guide the nations of the earth. Selah
In Acts 1:8, Jesus gives a summarized Great Commission in which He tells the church to concurrently reach four areas: Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and the Ends of the Earth. We believe that our Missions & Outreach activities should be involved in all four areas as follows:
Jerusalem: The local city we’re placed in Greater Hartford.
Judea: The region we’re placed in – New England. Specifically, we define Judea as those doing ministry near us regionally and nationally but including Hartford.
Samaria: A region nearby that is different from us culturally and ethnically – Dominican Republic.
Ends of the Earth: The world beyond our region – the world outside North America
To become World Christians actively participating in the mission of God in our region and beyond. To accomplish this vision, we will employ our outreach methodology of Prayer, Care, Share
- Each Wintonbury attendee is encouraged to pray for at least 1 missionary
- Each missionary has at least 7 people committed to regular prayer
- Overseas missionaries have a Sunday School class praying for them
- Each missionary has a champion who regularly keeps in touch with them
- Champions and Sunday School classes send care packages
- Champions help missionaries with home assignments
- Each overseas missionary has a Skype interview during a Wintonbury worship service every 2 years
- On-site field visits by people from Wintonbury
- Champions host sharing parties when on home assignments